Group fitness classes
The Gym@CDU offers a variety of 30 group fitness classes per week, each class runs for 45 min if not highlighted otherwise.
We can accommodate for up to 35 participants per class, no bookings required.
We have no pre-designed classes. Our qualified fitness instructors create their own routines which alows them to tailor the exercises to the fitness levels and the preferences of the participants. Beginners can join any of our classes at any time.
As a rule we value correct movement and our members' safety when exercising above rapid progress; we believe in quality over quantity.
|The classes in green fields are high impact classes - expect to be motivated and moved to your full capacity!|
|The classes in blue fields are low impact classes - expect them to be slower and more gentle on your joints.|
|The classes in white fields are run by external providers, times can vary and fees are not included in gym memberships.|
Please note: there are no group fitness classes on public holidays. ‘Group fitness only’ members may use the gym on pubic holidays.
Monday - Friday
|6.00am||TBT||Powerbar||Total Body||Powerbar||Fitness Circuit|
|9.15am||Low Impact||Low Impact||9.00am Low Impact|
|12.10pm||Powerbar||Metafit HIIT NEW||Pilates Stretch NEW||Cardio Punch||HIIT Circuit|
|5.35pm||Total Body||Pilates||Metafit HIIT NEW||Yoga|
|7.00pm||Capoeira advanced||Wing Chun||Line Dancing||Wing Chun|
Saturday and Sunday
|Metafit HIIT NEW||5:35pm|
|9.00am Low Impact||9:00am|
|Yoga (60 min)||10.00am|
|Pilates (60 min)||10.00am|
- Thighs Butts & Tummies: specifically designed to strengthen and tone those trouble areas
- Metafit HIIT: High intensity full-body workout. Be prepared to be Not for the faint hearted.
- Retro TBT: thighs, butts and tummies workout in a very fun retro-aerobics 80’s style
- Low Impact: ideal for seniors and people who are getting back into exercise after a long break or injury. Low impact moves, full-body workout
- Powerbar: Increases endurance, muscle tone and strength using weight plates and bars. Please arrive 10 mins early to allow sufficient time to set up your weights
- Cardio punch: Full-body workout which combines simple boxing moves and bodyweight exercises, no boxing experience required, no sparring
- Total Body Conditioning: Perfect combination of Step, Powerbar & TBT to give you the ultimate total body workout
- Yoga: Stretches your body and relaxes your mind. The specific style depends on the teacher taking the class and all teachers adapt the poses to suit any age or experience
- Fat burner: High intensity, high-energy cardio workout that gets your heart rate up
- Zumba: Take the "work" out of workout, by mixing low-intensity and high-intensity Latin and world rhythm moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning dance fitness party
- Pilates: Method of choice to increase core stability and correct posture. It trains balance, flexibility and body awareness and helps you to relax
- Fitness/HIIT Circuit: High intensity full-body workout with varied strength and cardio stations
- Capoeira (external): Acrobatic Brazilian martial art/dance mix with its own music; training strength, mobility and balance
- Wing Chung (external): Concept-based Chinese martial art and form of self-defence utilising both striking and grappling while specialising in close-range combat
- Anglicare (external): Great opportunity for golden agers who want to keep their mobility, very low intensity
- Line dance (external): Choreographed dance with a repeated sequence of steps. Unlike circle dancing, line dancers are not in physical contact with each other
- Rix Kix (external): Dance lessons for kids